Manage episode 295816309 series 2943348
Ajey Gore is a technical expert, but he fundamentally understands and explains the importance of people through this wonderful conversation. Ajey has insane experience in working at startups, and scaling them to great heights. He has been at ThoughtWorks early on his career, then started up two companies, and finally spent time at GOJEK for almost 5 years as the group CTO, before joining Sequoia India, where he is currently an Operating Partner in the domain of technology.
Through the Episode we explore the following:
1. (3:46) - Analysing the Tech Bedrock from Ajey's lens
2. (8:23) - What drives Ajey's decisions
3. (16:51) - Hiring and Building Teams
4. (24:58) - From Embracing Culture to Enabling Culture
5. (33:01) - Why should you optimise for Processes?
6. (39:56) - Lessons for Scale
(a) Putting a Checklists to everything (NOT implementation lists)
(b) Root Cause Analysis for Everything
(c) Templates for Everything
7. (46:21) - What does Ajey look for in People? (Curiosity - Empathy - Passion)
8. (51:19) - The Secret to Ajey's Growth!
9. (55:58) - Parting thoughts - A beautiful Optimisation framework (Time - Health - People)
10. (60:20) - Summary
Ajey raises some key questions through the episode. What drives you? What makes you who you are? What are you thankful for?
These are extremely wonderful and insightful questions to ponder upon. I loved the episode, and I hope you did too!
Feel free to reach out to me for any further feedback if required.
P.S: Here are a couple of interviews of Ajey, which I found mindblowing!
1. Ajey on Culture - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTNZ5-Q2gl4
2. Ajey on the GOJEK journey - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut7xG3LeVy0
"If you never try, you never know"