Manage episode 295816311 series 2943348
Chaitanya personifies the ideology Disrupting with First Principles, as they have exactly done so with Wakefit, disrupting by a rather conventional and unorganised market through the sheer power of "Questioning Everything".
Wakefit has crossed 200 crores in revenue with a 2.5x YoY growth, having served 500,000 consumers across the country since its inception in 2015! With more than 26 Product Lines, Wakefit is now by far the leading online D2C Player, widely recognised for spectacular products, and truly upholding the principle "Consumer is the King".
Chaitanya is an engineer by education, who also has an MBA from ISB, Batch of '05. He had tried his hand at Starting Up twice before Wakefit, and has multiple years of corporate experience under his belt. He never gave up and always kept feeding the Entrepreneur in him, to finally start Wakefit. An extremely structured, thoughtful, insightful and focused individual, this conversation truly brings out some wonderful insights to building a D2C Brand in India!
Throughout the Episode, we discuss the following:
1. (4:03) - Disrupting with First Principles | Question everything
2. (8:51) - The Evolution of the Indian Ecosystem
3. (10:52) - The D2C Wave in India
4. (15:40) - Doubling down Post PMF v/s Consistency & Long Term Thinking from Day 1
5. (21:01) - "Observation & Listening" in Talking to Users
6. (23:00) - Doing things that Don't Scale
7. (25:21) - Profitability as a Focus
8. ( 30:23) - Truly Practising "Customer is the King" || (WOW!)
9. (34:19) - People maketh a Company - Optimising for Employee Success & Growth
10. (37:43) - Brand as a Promise || Making Wakefit a Household Brand
11. (42:10) - Moats Matter || Competition v/s Strengths
12. (45:22) - Product Expansion Framework
13. (48:06) - Knowing Chaitanya, the Founder
14. (51:24) - Prioritising as a Founder || Inculcating a Beginner's Mindset
15. (56:53) - Tackling Pitfalls through the Journey
16. (60:57) - Parting Thoughts - "Never Stop of the Hardwork, it will work out"
17. (63:53) - Summary
Hope you liked tuning into the Episode!
This Episode is brought to you in association with the Entrepreneurship Cell of XLRI.
Please feel free to reach out to let me know you liked the episode or provide feedback or discuss more.
Thanks a ton for tuning in, I'll see you next week for another Episode!