Manage episode 302328454 series 2863316
So many businesses struggle to find the right words to market their sustainable and social impact products. Today’s guest is Carolyn Parrs, CEO of Mind Over Markets, and she joins us to talk about the green consumer and the best ways to market sustainability.
One of the big themes in today’s conversation is how to get people to adopt your sustainable product. People fall into different tiers according to their devotion to buying green products and this begs the question of which group to target so that you can make the most impact.
Also, she talks about how she helps her clients find their main message by listening to their customer’s needs, whatever they may be – a tactic that ultimately wins people over more effectively at the end of the day!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Carolyn’s love of nature, skill in copywriting, and how she got interested in sustainability marketing.
- Different tiers of the green consumer and what their buying habits look like.
- How to tap into what already motivates people to convince them to buy your product.
- The services around distilling a marketing message that Mind Over Markets provides clients.
- Online marketing tips for keeping the messaging on your website clear and collecting emails.
- How to inform leads about the rest of your services after you hook them with the main problem you solve.
- Early adopters who help champion a cause and shift the opinions of less concerned groups.
- Big mistakes that brands often make when trying to market themselves.
- Digging into the problem you solve for your clients and building your story around that.
- The challenge of working out which group on the green spectrum to tailor your message to.
- Examples of how Carolyn has reframed her clients’ messaging to better suit their customers.
- The reality that it is often economic reasons that motivate people rather than green reasons.
- Big life incidents that make people more concerned about health.
- How unbalanced the American diet is and the need to eat more vegetables.
- Where on the green spectrum the LOHAS group exists.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: