Manage episode 292021916 series 1525284
On Tuesday, May 4th, I presented at PodFest 2021 Masterclass Online Summit, Social Media Growth 101 - Podcast Promotion via Social Media
Whether or not you are a newbie or a veteran podcaster, promotion is by far the biggest pain point for most hosts. With over 60 social media platforms to choose from there’s no doubt that your ideal audience is out there, ready to engage with you and your content. But how do you promote on social media effectively? The first step is understanding where your audience hangs out and then be there consistently with good content to actively grow that audience.
The number don’t lie!
- Facebook has 2.8 billion monthly active users
- Instagram has 1 billion monthly active users
- Twitter has 353 million monthly active users
- LinkedIn has 310 million monthly active users
However, not all social media platforms are created equal! While you may want to have a presence on all of the main channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube), it’s best to start slow. You can always expand in the future. Focus on who your ideal listener may be, as well as the subject matter covered in your show – where do those types of people congregate online? Do they engage with Facebook groups? Are they on Twitter? Are they on Instagram? YouTube?
Use audience data and analytics to pick the platform that best matches your listener and spend your initial efforts where you can make the largest impact on your target audience and here are a few quick tips:
- Set up a business webpage or website - Podpage or Wordpress
- Create one link to make it easier to share
- Create videos and add captions to catch and keep attention
- Send weekly emails or monthly newsletters - preferably Sunday mornings at 7 AM - early riser/reader
- Use audio grams/headliners/audiobursts for teasers
- Always create a CTA
Find and follow me on all my social media platforms at https://linktr.ee/delblogger
--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/delawareblogger/message