Manage episode 285401487 series 1336300
Paris Hilton's emotional testimony to Utah politicians is bringing the state's "troubled teen industry" into the spotlight. With over 100 residential facilities in the state, it is a multi-million dollar business in Utah alone. Hilton testified that she was sent to three centers including Provo Canyon School, and was repeatedly abused.
A statement on the school's webpage states, "We are aware of media referencing Provo Canyon School. Please note that PCS was sold by its previous ownership in August 2000. We therefore cannot comment on the operations or patient experience prior to that time."
Joining Nancy Grace today:
- Jeremy Whiteley - Victim; attended Provo Canyon
- Chris Hooker - Father of Trevor Hooker, who died of suicide shortly after leaving Provo Canyon School
- Summer de Almedia - Victim; attended Provo Canyon School
- Domenic Romano - NY Corporate Lawyer and Entertainment Attorney, Romano Law www.romanolaw.com
- Dr. Bethany Marshall - Psychoanalyst, www.drbethanymarshall.com, New Netflix show: 'Bling Empire'
- Dan Scott - Retired Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Sergeant, 26 years with Special Victims Bureau Specializing in Child Abuse
- Connor Richards - Government Reporter, Provo Daily Herald, Twitter: @crichards1995