Manage episode 307091110 series 2938652
The Holy Spirit can feel like the most abstract and distant person of the Holy Trinity. How do we relate to Him? How can we know when He's speaking to us?
In this episode we discuss who the Holy Spirit is, and what His role is in our lives and in the life of the Church.
This episode covers Part One, Section Two, Chapter Three, Article Eight of the Catechism (Points 683-747).
References and further reading/listening/viewing:
(If you have any other suggestions for further reading/viewing/listening on this topic, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Fulton Sheen, "The Holy Spirit"
- Bishop Barron, “Understanding the Holy Spirit” and “On The Holy Spirit”
- Jacques Philippe, In the School of the Holy Spirit.
- Galatians 2:20
- John 3:30
- 1 Corinthians 12
- Genesis 2:7
- St Faustina Kowalska, Diary: Divine Mercy in my Soul.
- Catholic News Agency, “This is the prayer to the Holy Spirit that Pope Francis wants every Catholic to know”.
- St Augustine, On the Trinity, 15:18.
- St Augustine, Homily 5 on the First Epistle of John.
- St Cyprian of Carthage, The Unity of the Catholic Church.
- Songs that remind me of the Holy Spirit (don’t @ me for being lame):