Manage episode 293864155 series 2843427
Steve Thomas, the Co-Founder and CEO of Vets Pets, joins us to discuss their unique growth business model and talk about the different types of financing based on the different types of seller economics.
Learn more about how Vets Pets has evolved over the past 14 years, the idea of avoiding private equity money, the cost differences between de-novos and acquisitions and Steve sheds light onto the pros and cons of each.
- Insight into the business’s acquisition economics;
- Why Vets Pets tries to avoid private equity money and how they structure their veterinary partners’ loans;
- Understanding the good-fit target partner;
- The differences in the costs of building de-novo versus acquisitions;
- The long-term goals of Vets Pets;
- The benefits of being able to leverage assets across existing nearby practices;