Manage episode 302585481 series 2801599
In this episode, we interviewed Professor Robin Dipietro. Robin is a Professor at the University of South Carolina School of Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management and the University of Aruba in Tourism and Hospitality.
Robin, her B.S., M.B.A., and Ph.D. from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, has
done over 60 studies on the foodservice and hospitality industries. In addition, Robin has more than 20 years of experience in restaurant operations, human resources, and training
and has worked as director of training and operations at Horizon Foodservice, Inc.,
also known as Burger King. And finally, she has ample knowledge of the hospitality
sector – specifically, in the Caribbean – has consistently visited, taught, and studied within the Aruba hospitality sector since 2010.
In this episode, we discussed the hospitality sector in the age of Covid, the main takeaways, and, more importantly, how we can prepare for the future. In this regard, Robin informed us that we see the following main changes:
1. A complete redesign of the hospitality industry focused on health safety - guests need to be aware of the cleanliness steps taken at a hotel and restaurant;
2. As companies, we need to constantly pivot- and embrace small changes, to- we no longer need to focus on "a year of innovation" but incorporate minor changes in the company on a small scale;
3. The need to retrain our guests and constantly communicate that the sector is retraining our employees for the new "normal."
4. The need to overcommunicate - in the age of Covid-19, it becomes crucial for the sector to overcommunicate about the new changes to make sure guests are informed.
5. The need to retrain the leaders, employees, and guests
6. Guest expectation for cleanliness and safety has become number one.
Tune in and learn more!
More information about our sponsors:
More information about our guests: