Keeping It Simple and Consistent with Kevin Sutton, Rhode Island and Randolph Childress, Wake Forest
Manage episode 259319964 series 1341998
We're going Beyond The Whistle with the first Coaches Roundtable. Our roundtablers are Kevin Sutton, Assistant Coach at Rhode Island and Randolph Childress, Associate Head Coach at Wake Forest.
This was the most fun I have had as a podcaster. It's a conversation amongst friends about our high school coach, mentorship, fatherhood, leadership, COVID-19 (of course) and more.
Kevin, Randolph and I discuss:
- How Randolph ended the season in a sling and how he's doing now
- Lessons from our high school coach, Stu Vetter
- Kevin coaching Randolph in high school
- How Randolph was Steph Curry before Steph Curry
- The lost art of players understanding how to play without the ball
- Coach Vetter's coaching tree
- Randolph's experience recruiting and coaching his son, Brandon Childress
- The importance of keeping relationships simple and consistent
- How Kevin and Randolph's teams responded to the cancellation of basketball due to COVID-19
- How they are spending this time with family, their teams and time working on themselves
If you would like to be on a future Coaches Roundtable episode, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I welcome coaches from men's and women's basketball and from programs at all levels to share experiences and dicsuss topics impacting the coaching profession.
Connect with Randolph Childress
Connect with Kevin Sutton
- Twitter: @coachsutton
- Website: Kevin Sutton Basketball
- Website: Sutton's Living Trophies
- Website: Rhode Island Basketball
Connect with Odell McCants