Q&A 425: The Official Clubhouse LIVE Podcast - The Link Between Sleep, Light & Temperature, Creatine & Bulking, Natural Ways To Increase Nitric Oxide, Do You Need Eye Protection For Light Therapy & More!
Manage episode 288274478 series 2533855
News Flashes – Follow Ben on Twitter for more…16:50
- Great read on the temperature dependence of sleep.
- Sleep cold but not TOO cold if you want to maximize REM sleep.
- In articles like this, I've talked about using LIGHT to shift your circadian rhythm backward or forward (to wake up or fall asleep earlier or later)...
- ...but it turns out getting COLD at night (OR in the morning) can also shift it forward.
- This is cool and yet another benefit of creatine...it REDUCES your sleep needs without decreasing health like many other things that decreased sleep needs do.
-The Boundless Cookbook: Optimize your physical and mental performance with nutritious and delicious Greenfield family recipes. This is your roadmap to a culinary journey that includes ancient food and wild game preparation tactics, biohacked smoothies, meat rubs, cocktails, desserts, and beyond—without any restrictive diet, limited ingredients, or tasteless “health foods!” Pre-order yours today here! Check out Ben on Instagram for epic posts and photos about his morning, day, and evening routines, recipes, and much more! Follow Ben on Twitter for daily news flashes and the latest health, fitness, and anti-aging research. Join Ben's Facebook page for conversations with listeners and even more useful information, posts, and support!This podcast is brought to you by:
Arturez asks: You mentioned 5 g creatine consumption, and my wife is concerned it will bulk her up when she doesn't want to bulk up.In my response, I recommend: Ways to Increase Nitric Oxide Naturally in Your Body...57:30 Protection When Using a Red-Light Therapy Device?...1:08:05
A functional medicine health coach from western MA asks: