Manage episode 293618926 series 2932432
Basketball Coaches Roundtable welcomes Chris Caputo as the guest of the roundtable. Coach Caputo is the Associate Head Coach at the University of Miami. Chris just concluded his tenth season at the University of Miami and has been instrumental in the success of the program.
Topics Discussed at the Roundtable
- What in your coaching style can you attribute to your high school coach, the legendary NYC coach Jack Curran from Archbishop Molloy?
- What is your perception of the transfer portal?
- How do you incorporate discipline into the program and your coaching?
- What are the teaching points for defending the 3-pt shot in transition?
- How would you explain University of Miami basketball?
- How do you balance your basketball job and family?
- What are you looking for in a student-athlete with Division 1 aspirations?
- What halftime defensive analytics are you looking at?
- What is the biggest challenge facing college coaches today and what is the solution?
- How are you approaching the upcoming year with athletes getting a "free" year of eligibility? How does this effect your incoming class?
- What are some simple rules to attack a 2-3 zone and a packline defense?
Sitting at the Roundtable
- Ben Newman - Host
- Alex Mirabel - Head Coach - St. Peter's Prep - Jersey City, NJ & Head Coach U18 Dominican Republic National Team
- Elle Greene - Head Coach - BCAM HS - Brooklyn, NY
- Chris Ballerini - Head Coach - DeWitt Clinton HS - Bronx, NY
- Dan Murphy - Special Assistant - Monmouth University - West Long Branch, NJ