Manage episode 293618927 series 2932432
Basketball Coaches Roundtable Episode #23 welcomes Hall of Famer Chamique Holdsclaw as the guest of the roundtable. Ms. Holdsclaw was the #1 overall draft pick in the 1999 WNBA draft. She was apart of 3 national championship teams at the University of Tennessee under Hall of Fame head coach Pat Summitt. She also was a gold medal winner during the 2000 Sydney Olympics. Chamique Holdsclaw is one of the most accomplished basketball players of all-time.
Topics Discussed at the Roundtable
- What is the work you are doing now?
- Is the modern game to dependent on analytics?
- What are somethings you can tell athletes now about how to be successful?
- How has traveling the world taken the place of basketball for you now?
- Players hearing coaches as "coaching" versus hearing coaching as "criticism"
- How did Coach Pat Summitt foster a a relationship with you?
- How did you mental prepared for big games?
- Using visualization to prepare for games.
- Finishing the sentence... "I will not be a coach on a basketball team because....?"
- What were you striving for growing up when you were working so hard on your game?
- When did you know that you were really good?
Sitting at the Roundtable
- Ben Newman - Host
- Elle Greene - Head Coach - BCAM HS, Brooklyn NY
- Chris Ballerini - Head Coach - DeWitt Clinton HS, Bronx, NY
- Dan Murphy - Special Assistant - Monmouth University, West Long Branch, NJ