Manage episode 293618928 series 2932432
Welcome to the Basketball Coaches Roundtable podcast. Episode 22 has Chris Dorsey the head coach at D3 Centenary University in Shreveport, LA as the guest of the roundtable. Coach Dorsey is in his fourth season as the head coach of the Gents and is the conference defending champions. Coach Dorsey was also named the 2019-2020 Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference Coach of the Year.
Topics Discussed at the Roundtable
- Coach Dorsey's background as a coach.
- 5-out offense and creating double gaps and players understanding their role.
- What analytics are you looking at, that help drive your program?
- What is the measure of a successful offensive possession?
- How do you recruit in a football state with only two Division 3 programs?
- How did you end up at Centenary?
- What is your biggest flaw as a coach and how have you worked to change it?
- Why do you believe so strongly in the 5-out Princeton offense and what are your favorite actions within it?
- What other teams are you studying these days?
- Who and how are you recruiting these days?
- What is your rating system for recruits?
- What are you looking for in a recruits highlight reel?
- How do you manage your offensive shot clock?
Sitting at the Roundtable
- Ben Newman - Host
- Elle Greene - Head Coach - BCAM HS - Brooklyn, NY
- Chris Ballerini - Head Coach - DeWitt Clinton HS - Bronx, NY
- Mike King - Head Coach - Community Health HS - Manhattan, NY
- Marc Skelton - Head Coach - Fannie Lou Hamer Freedom HS - Bronx, NY Author of Pounding the Rock