Manage episode 293618940 series 2932432
Basketball Coaches Roundtable episode 10 with Rex Walters. Rex is a 7 year NBA veteran, drafted in 1993. Coach Walters started his coaching career at the high school level before moving to Division 1 then the pros. Coach Walters shares a ton of knowledge of the game with us that he's picked up along his journey of playing and working with some of the great coaching minds in basketball.
Stay tuned after the episode for some great bonus conversation!
Topics discussed at the roundtable:
- How did you get your teams to match the competitiveness that you had as both a player and coach?
- What past experiences would you utilize at the HS level?
- What are the most important components of success in programs?
- How have you grown as a coach?
- Who was the toughest player you had to guard in practice?
- Who was the toughest player you had to guard in a game?
- What do you look for in guards for your program?
- How is it coaching your son?
- How do you get individual and team buy-in?
- How do you address adversity that comes mid-season?
Sitting at the Roundtable:
- Ben Newman - Host
- Sean Clores - Assistant Coach, Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, NY
- Chris Ballerini - Head Coach, DeWitt Clinton HS, Bronx, NY
- Elle Greene - Head Coach, BCAM HS, Brooklyn, NY
- Dakota Stabile - Former Assistant Coach, Concordia College, Bronxville, NY