Manage episode 290662202 series 2772568
Vianna Szabo comfortably switches between painting with pastel, watercolor, acrylic, or oil. She paints beautifully sensitive portraits. Her landscape paintings capture a fleeting moment in time. Expressive color is a hallmark of her paintings no matter the subject she chooses or the medium she uses.
In this episode you soon learn that Vianna has a passion for teaching other artists. Vianna's ability to take complex subjects and convey them in simple and relatable terms is a hallmark of her approach to teaching. Her students enthusiastically share their admiration and appreciation of her teaching methods. One such student emailed me and said that Vianna "has a delightful personality." After recording this interview and getting to know Vianna, I have to agree!
Vianna talks about a number of intriguing topics:
- How is color mixing like the movie Mean Girls?
- Can family members be successfully used as models?
- And speaking of models, how is plein air painting like painting a drunk model?
- How do you keep photo references from bossing you around?
- What are the do's and don't's of copying another artist's work?
- What is the story of the painting and how do you find it?
Latest Artful Painter Associate Producer Aliona Price: https://alionaprice.com
About the Artful Painter:
This page may contain affiliate links from which I earn a small commission. When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.