Manage episode 302867939 series 2863316
Company culture is one of the pillars that will define an organization's outcomes, and the more intentionality and balance that can be brought into a workspace, the better for all involved. Linwood Paul and Matt D'Amour join us on the show today to talk about the idea of the business zip code, and how geography and assumptions can negatively impact the systems and processes at any business. Our guests are the cofounders of Subtle Distinctions, where they help cultivate thoughtful leaders and better companies as a result. In our conversation, we get into the importance of balancing different approaches, especially strong leadership and inclusive decision-making. We also hear about the value of transparency and understanding, and the idea of a pool of share meaning. Listeners can expect to come away with some new ideas for leadership positions as well as what it means to engage appropriately as an employee, so do not miss this eye-opening conversation!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The pluralism of systems; finding the right balance of approaches for a healthy company.
- Developing a pool of shared meaning for better engagement and outcomes.
- The recent project at Subtle Distinctions that underlined the impact of geography on leadership.
- The dangers of analysis-paralysis and the destructive quality of too much processing and discussion.
- Promoting intentionality and priorities in a company culture to ward off automatic processes.
- Why clarity and understanding often trump having a role in decision-making.
- Differences in business culture across the world, and even with the US.
- The need for definitive leadership and direction at an organization.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: