Manage episode 295194515 series 2508230
In today’s episode, Greg and Eric discuss some Good News (1:06) and Feats of Strength (16:08), in addition to a quick update about the new nutrition app that is in development (12:18). After that, Eric has a Research Roundup segment (19:36) that covers capsaicin supplementation for performance (23:12) and ketogenic diets for hypertrophy (40:44). That’s followed by a Coach’s Corner (56:14) in which Greg discusses how to navigate vacations and potential periods of time away from the gym. After that, Greg and Eric answer some listener questions (1:16:08), and Greg wraps up the show by telling his harrowing tale of undergoing a fitness assessment in a commercial gym (1:46:56).
Help shape our new nutrition app (or express interest in becoming a beta tester) by filling out this quick survey on the website.
Finally, next time you stock up on supplements from BulkSupplements.com, be sure to use the promo code “SBSPOD” (all caps) to get 5% off your entire order.
Good news (1:06)
Nutrition app update (12:18)
Feats of Strength (16:08)
Research Roundup (19:36)
- Capsaicin for performance (23:12): https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33383571/
- Keto for hypertrophy (40:44): https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34090453/
Coach’s Corner: Vacation and time off from the gym (56:14)
- Preferred body hair removal techniques (1:16:21)
- Multivitamins: good or bad? (1:19:55)
- Better for hypertrophy: straight sets with final set to failure, or target RPE with variable rep number? (1:35:51)
- Biggest fitness myths on Instagram these days (1:42:39)
To Play Us Out: Greg’s fitness assessment (1:46:56)