Manage episode 285933132 series 2713325
Dr Andrew Pichardo is the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach at Tyler Legacy High School, located in East Texas. After coaching stops with the University of Florida, IMG Academy, the Milwaukee Brewers, and the Olympic Training Center, Andrew obtained his PhD from Auckland University of Technology, where he worked to implement and research the effects of a resistance training program into secondary school curriculum.
In this episode Andrew discusses:
- How his coaching is driven by a wider desire to help others.
- His role at Tyler Legacy High School, coaching sessions for up to 80 athletes at a time.
- How a PhD opportunity with AUT Millenium lead to him moving across the world to New Zealand.
- An overview of his PhD research.
- How he tried to ensure his research articles gave practical applications for youth S&C Coaches.
As always you can keep up to date with Athletic Evolution via our website, Instagram and Twitter.